When I tell current undergraduates that “real life” sucks, what I really mean is that it’s a generally accepted practice to wait until Friday for cheap pitchers and the possible trip to the Roxy.
In college, those types of limitations aren’t a thing. Saying, “it’s Tuesday” isn’t really an acceptable cop-out to the peer pressures of the bottles and promises of good times you’ll forget. Here are 15 reasons why having you should have a drink, or fifteen, tonight!
- You’re single.
- You aren’t single. You have single friends who are on a dry spell and you’d be a bad friend if you didn’t help them fix that.
- Your first class tomorrow starts at 11 a.m. or later. Or, your 8 a.m. lecture doesn’t have iClicker or anything worth marks.
- Your visa isn’t in the red. Yet.
- You just got paid.
- You have FOMO, and, at least, two of your semi-close friends are doing something vaguely exciting tonight.
- You already had a casual glass or pint. Might as well keep the ball rolling.
- You just failed a midterm and need to forget about it.
- You just aced a midterm and you deserve it.
- It’s the premiere of your favorite show on Netflix and you aren’t getting through House of Cards without a little wine.
- It’s sunny outside and you’re near a patio.
- You’re at a networking-type of evening gala and want to be social with people who may or may not help connect you to future employment opportunities.
- You’re at a “networking” event. Also known as the after-party.
- Your friend is in from out-of-town and it would be very rude not to.
- You’re trying to find inspiration for your new blog.